Sunday, April 29, 2012

2 more days....

Two more wakes up until the big day....oh my gosh, I cannot believe it!....I am beyond excited and beyond terrified at the same time. I honestly don't know how I am going to get through 4-5 hours of waiting around for Hunter's surgery to be over with. It still doesn't feel 100% real right now and that's pretty much what has gotten me this far...once we land in Cincinnati, I know it will really hit me.

This trip won't be anything like last time...no fun shopping, no eating out at The Cheesecake Factory...no Zoo's or Aquariums to keep up busy...It's all hospital, recovery, and keeping my sanity in the hospital.. It's all okay though, because the important part is what we are really there for, Hunter's surgery..

These doctors do this surgery many times a week. They are the experts, the best of the best. I know Hunter will be in the best of hands. I still don't like not having control though, once he's wheeled back into the O.R., it's out of my hands...that's the hardest thing for me.

There will be a couple of other Mom's and kids at the hospital from the trach forums I am on, (Tracheostomy.com). I hope to meet up with them if at all possible. Last trip we got to meet a sweet family, who's daughter had a trach due to vocal cord paralysis. They are from Ohio and were nice enough to meet us for dinner when we were there in March.

Please keep Hunter in your thoughts and prayers...and Jeremy and I too. We could all really use them.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kjersta. We'll be thinking of you. I'll be out of town until the 13th, how long are you required to stay in Cincinnati? Maybe we can catch up when I get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia! Thank you.....We will be there anywhere for 3-4 weeks depending on how the recovery is going..Yes, I'd love to meet if it works out..Hope you all are doing well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome, what a great support! I hope you are able to meet up with them! Been praying for you all. It is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete