Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Finally!!!!!!!!!

I have some great news to announce.....Hunter was finally approved for the medically fragile medicaid waiver!!! We have been waiting for this for just over a year now, ever since Hunter got his trach.

Medicaid will cover anything our main insurance doesn't cover ie deductibles and co pays. That will be such a huge help. Also they help out with some travel expenses for when we travel out of state for Hunter's doctors.

I was beginning to wonder if Hunter would ever get approved. I couldn't be happier. For those wondering, the medically fragile medicaid waiver is a program offered for kids who don't normally qualify for just medicaid due to their parents income. They get this offered (after being on a wait list) a medicaid waiver which helps with expenses due to his tracheostomy.

I am hoping they can help out with some of the cost from this trip to Cincinnati, but since it's so close to when we leave I am not sure this trip will be covered. Either way it's okay. I'm just glad he's been approved.

Okay, I will stop doing the happy dance now..but I can't help it....

No comments:

Post a Comment