Saturday, December 4, 2010

Christmas list???

What on earth do you buy for a 3 month old for Christmas?? It's not like he NEEDS anything...well there are a couple of things I would like for him to have..I told my mom and dad about wanting a Fisher Price Jumperoo for him and a nice crib mobile. So I think those things are covered. Not sure what Jeremy and I are getting for Hunter yet though...

I will say this though, after thinking about what Christmas traditions I want for my family, is that I want Hunter to know that Christmas is not just about getting a bunch of presents. I want him to know that it's about spending time with the ones you love and being thankful for what you have. I want him to be able to "give back" when he is a little older and maybe as a family we could "adopt" a family or child in need for the holiday. Or purchase some items for "Toys for Tots".  I really want him to know that Christmas is not just about getting a tons of presents from Santa...I just want him to be a good person and care about others and be kind.

I love Hunter so much already, it's crazy. It's hard for me to think that there was a time where he wasn't a part of my life. It feels like so long ago that I was pregnant with him and it was just Jeremy and I.  I am so thankful for him to be in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Kjersta,
    Through your blog, I'm learning so much about my little girl, you. I'm so enjoying reading your thoughts about being a new mom to a beautiful baby boy. I'm so proud of what a wonderful mother you are in such a short time. You seem to have the important ingredients just built in to being a special loving mother. You're going to do just fine Kjersta. Love, nuture and nousish him with love.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete