Saturday, February 26, 2011

Today was a good day

I am feeling good today about everything lately. I know some days won't be like this but for now I am very happy. I know that saying "knowledge is power" is cliche but I think I totally believe it. I have been doing a lot of research all about tracheostomy's and what it is and how to care for it etc etc. The more I read the more I learn. I now "understand" when the doctor is explaining something because I have read about it now. Usually when a doctor is explaining something it goes in one ear and out the other. In general I think I have a good memory but for some reason medical stuff doesn't stick with me well. I partly think it's because my mind is wandering, thinking "I can't believe this, is everything going to be okay, what did that word she just say mean....etc etc". Thankfully though, Jeremy is very good at understanding and listening and remembering what the doctors are saying...without him, I'd be lost! Thanks Jeremy... I am continuing to learn so much about the surgery that Hunter will most likely require to fix his airway. It's quite fascinating that doctors can do all that they do.

This week we were able to clean Hunter's trach area, something we will be doing everyday now. It's a little scary but I know with time and practice we'll have it down in no time. I know Hunter will learn that we need to do this and hopefully it will just come second nature to him-and us. By the time we have it down pat, Hunter won't need his trach in anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment