Tuesday, September 25, 2012

update

I'm a little behind on this update but better late than never....

Hunter and I flew out to Cincinnati last Sunday (9/16) for his appointment on Monday. This time it was just Hunter and I...not going to lie, I was slightly terrified to fly without another helping hand. On the good side though, I had a lot less stuff I had to carry this time around. How awesome that was...no extra trach supplies, no huge suction machine...The flights were all good, got the rental car, got to the hotel and finally got some much needed dinner for the both of us.

Monday morning came early, we had to be at the hospital at 6:15am! We made it there with plenty of time, got checked in and did the usual, wait, wait and some more waiting...this time though waiting in that tiny little waiting room seemed to go faster = )

It was the first time Hunter was put under anesthesia with a "normal" face mask instead of a tube hooked up to his trach. I was a little worried how he'd handle it but he did great. He tried to pull at it a little but the doctor was telling him a cute story about a little brave boy who saved a puppy from a fire. He listened and finally drifted off to happy land...

Dr. Rutter came out telling me that he does still have a small hole there, very minimal but it's there for sure. Hunter's airway sized quite well he said at 4mm with even an air leak so he was very pleased with that. That's in the normal range for a child his age! Dr. Rutter even told me Hunter's airway is rather "boring" to him now...lol. That's a VERY good thing..

So that plan is to go back in 6-8 weeks and if the hole is still there he'll close it. I had the impression that was going to happen this trip but he wants to wait a little longer. I've already got Hunter scheduled for that trip in November...that trip it will be the boys..Hunter and Daddy..

Here's a few pictures from our trip...




waiting patiently...


thank goodness for this play area at the airport!



back home with daddy






No comments:

Post a Comment