Saturday, March 5, 2011

Crap...why did I do that!!!

Being the curious person I am and of course still wanting to learn everything I can about Hunter's tracheostomy, I watched a youtube.com video of a tracheostomy being performed......what the heck what I thinking??????? All I could think was, "I can't believe they did that to my baby!!".....I probably shouldn't have watched it but can't do anything about that now. Not only was it pretty gross, but I just pictured the Dr. doing that to my sweet, innocent and PERFECT baby!! Kjersta...no more videos!!!! I can't believe I wanted to be a brain surgeon when I was little......what was I thinking?????

Yesterday and today I have had several mixed emotions. I have been mad, happy, sad, anxious, nervous, you name it. I'm feeling a little like a basket case...not sure I like that. I broke down last night because I couldn't find my car keys.... I even find myself looking at people's necks!! I know that sounds weird...but now having Hunter with a trach tube, when I see a little kid who doesn't have one(as most don't) it kinda makes me mad and sad. I wonder why Hunter has to have one and how you should never take your airway for granted. I myself included, have never even thought twice about breathing, it's something you just do and don't even know it. Hunter never showed any kind of distress before his trach was placed but I wonder now was he having a hard time breathing this whole time and he couldn't tell me???? Makes me so sad I want to cry. 

Okay, I am going to go kiss my boy now and get some rest....night, night

ps mom, if you are reading this....I will be okay....love u

3 comments:

  1. TIMING!!!! Yes, I checked your blog and about 2 minutes later after emailing you and saying boohoo for not receiving any new photos today, I came back on here and saw this strange note for me not to worry if I was reading this! What the heck! So of course I had to back it up and read it. Well, I'm so sorry you have had an up and down day. Those days are so very hard. I know, but you will wake up and see Hunter waking up in his crib next to you, then he'll give you that beautiful smile of his. You'll feel so blessed and the day will be better. Jeremy will arrive, you'll remind each other how far you've come, and that it is only one more wake up until you take Hunter back home to his own bed, and his pets waiting for him. Hunter is going to be completely alright and so will you, my daughter. I love all of you.
    love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pic of Hunter with his Daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word on the street is that Hunter's favorite uncle loves him more than he loves his luggage!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete