Thursday, May 17, 2012

Oh my sweet boy..you keep us on our toes don't you?? Jeremy noticed that the incision on Hunters neck was looking swollen and irritated. So we called the doctors in Cincinnati and after looking at some pictures we emailed them, they wanted hunter to start on antibiotics right away. That was Tuesday night, and by today the irritation sure looked a bit better but the swollen part was still there. I talked to Cincinnati again and they recommended going in to see our local ENT just to evaluate him better.

After telling the scheduler at the hospital our situation she basically could have cared less and said the first available appointment is in September???? Um, really lady?? Did you not hear me say urgent, small child, concerned parent etc etc...so thanks for your empathy and help on that one..

Thankfully I was able to call our Trach Nurse, Jo Anne, who I don't know what I would do without. So thank you thank you thank u Jo Anne. She got us in right away to one of the ENT's here and Hunter was admitted to the hospital as a precaution.  As of now the game plan is to keep him on iv antibiotics and if it looks the same we'll keep up the antibiotics and stay another night in the hospital. If it looks worse at all they will open up the incision and see what it looks like. We thought it might be fluid in there but we did an ultrasound over the area and we didn't see any fluid. So we will just continue to monitor it closely.

I know I shouldn't beat myself up over this but I wish I would have noticed it sooner or did something quicker. I why didn't I think to stay in Cincinnati for a while after we were discharged from the hospital??? Grrr...

Please say a little prayer for Hunter that his incision gets better with the antibiotics and we don't have to go to the O.R. for anything..thanks for listening...time for bed...this mama is tired..





No comments:

Post a Comment