Monday, May 21, 2012

We were discharged Saturday afternoon from the hospital...what a relief! It's sooo nice to be home. Hunter swelling is still there but it's definitely not getting worse. Turns out there was so fluid or very little, after we did an ultrasound on it. So doctors decided to reason to go to the O.R. I really feel a big part of the swelling issue is that it sits right where his trach goes around his neck therefore has no where else to really go to. It also could be that is where some stitches are on the inside of his neck? The doctor said I should try and get the operative notes from Cincinnati as that would maybe help them determine what it may be. 

While in the hospital Hunter ate more than he has ate the whole time he's been home from Cincinnati I think! Of course it was only jello and Popsicles and lots of apple juice but hey I'll take it..he sure is trying! Also since we've been home he's even wanted some cheese and random stuff from my plate..he doesn't always keep it in and sometimes spits it out but that's more like Hunter before the stent was placed...

We have a follow up appoint with our local ENT here at UNM Children's. We have not seen this ENT before but I know he trained in Cincinnati and has preformed double staged LTP'S before so he may have a good idea what is causing the swelling also.  

I just got a call from the lady at Medicaid today and she said that Hunter's next trip to Cincinnati for followups have been approved and I got to pick our flights etc. She gave me a few options, I picked the shortest travel time possible. 5 hours travel time sure is better than 9, even though the shorter travel time is an earlier flight out, 7:05 am departure...that's going to be fun..lol. She also said unless it's booked full we will be staying at the Radisson again right across the river in Covington, KY. Were were quite happy there, free shuttle to and from airport and hospital. However, this trip we plan on also renting a car since we'll have a lot of free time. Jeremy is going to stay home this trip and my mom is coming with Hunter and I. Should be fun!

I do plan on keeping Hunter home most of the time until we leave again but we couldn't resist a quick trip to Toys R Us for Hunter...and get him a much needed POOL! Here's what Hunter has been up to since we got home...




This car is cool....

Or maybe this one is better...

Better yet, I'll take this one...








1 comment:

  1. Love this! He is so cute. Glad to hear things are going well! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete