Monday, July 16, 2012

Missing Gram....

I've been really missing my Grandma lately. I still think to myself multiple times a week "I need to call Gram and update her on Hunter etc"...Only to remember, I can't. She won't be answering her phone...I've known her number by heart for as long as I can remember and sometimes I think I want to call it just to hear it ring and maybe hope for a split second she might just pick up.

I still have not really started to even begin to fully grieve her loss just yet. My brain in packed full of all things Hunter right now. It's also that I don't want to just yet. I am not ready. I miss her so much though. It's almost surreal to look back just a few short months when I got to see her just days before she passed. I had to leave early for my flight that morning and I told her I loved her and I know I said something else, but I can't remember exactly what it was. I knew in my head it was the last time I'd see her alive but in my heart I wished that weren't true. We said our goodbyes just as we had done before, whenever I'd go home to visit. I wanted to hug her a little longer and a little harder but I didn't want her to think I knew she was going to be gone soon. I wanted it to be like before when we'd hug and say goodbye and know that I'd see her on my next visit home....<3











3 comments:

  1. Kjersta, what beautiful words about Gram. I understand about wanting to call and update her. I find myself wanting to tell her all about Hunters wonderful sense of humor, and what great parents you and Jeremy are. Keep her alive with your memories always. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I am so sorry Kjersta. She looks like she was a wonderful lady, and a very involved Grandma! I know what you mean, I still think when I go to my Grandma's, that my Grandaddy will be sitting in his chair. Just cling to the great memories you had, and know you will see her again. Much love, Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much exactly how I feel. Kind of like a bit of home is gone, as I no longer get to go up a couple times a week and see my Gram/Friend....it makes it a bit lonely.

    ReplyDelete